[triangle-zpug] February meeting at Duke?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Feb 18 06:01:24 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 01:45 pm, Ben Best wrote:
> Thanks Tom!  I love the idea of an extreme programming development
> workshop.

Sure.  Those who'd really like to get a big of coding done should attempt to
follow the Sprint prep instructions on their own.

> I'd like to see the Plone Help Center
> since I've missed the sprints so far,

Now that we've got test data generation scripts set up, it's pretty easy to
jump in and see what PHC does.  You can quickly go from a box without Plone
installed to a working site with a few users and a couple dozen pieces of PHC
content in various workflow states.  That way, if you just want to see what
something in the ZPTs looks like, you don't have to go through the trouble of
creating all the content through the web first.

> and would like to play with using a
> good working IDE (probably Wing IDE) setup with Plone debugging.

Gosh, I'd love to see demos of various Python IDEs with and without Zope
debugging capabilities.  In fact, that's on my wish list for our meetings.
Have someone who's used Wing or Boa or Komodo or Black Adder or PythonWorks
or even IDLE show us all of the ins and outs, stregths and weaknesses of
their favorite Python IDE.  Maybe we could convince one or more of the
companies to give us an evaluation license for a full, professional version
of their IDE.  That way, you could just use it for a few weeks and see what
you think without having to buy it.  :-)

Still using emacs for all of his Python development,