[triangle-zpug] (Meta) Why don't you attend TriZPUG meetings?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Feb 3 16:54:25 CET 2005

A question for those who weren't at the last TriZPUG meeting:

The mailing list shows 66 members.  Our monthly meetings usually draw anywhere
from 5 to 25 members, normally hovering right around 10.  Other than traffic
and weather, I haven't really figured out what influences the size of the
meeting.  I had hoped for a larger attendence after the Plone Boot Camp.  I
thought that the unit test topic was very pertinent to both Plone developers
and pure Python developers.

Is there something that we could do to entice more people to the meetings?  Is
4th Wednesday of the month a bad night?  Is the time too early or late
(meetings currently run from 7:00 - 9:30 or so)?  Are you just never planning
to attend a TriZPUG meeting?

If you'd like to come to the meetings, but you can't because of
here.getExcuse(), then please use this thread to talk about it.  This group
is for us and by us.  I just happen to send a bunch of the meeting
e-mails.  :)  I'm not tied to a particular meeting format, location, topic,
or date.  I have preferences, but I'd prefer to change what we're doing if we
could double the size of the meetings and get more interaction among the
members.  We've experimented some in the past, but I tend to stick with
whatever seems to generate the most interest and meeting attendence.