[triangle-zpug] editors for python - customizable

TJ Stankus tjstankus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 16:53:43 CET 2005

Did you just ask a bunch of programmers about text editors? ;) Let the games
begin...

jEdit will do what you want. I used to be a big fan of jEdit but I've soured
on it some and eventually stopped using it. My gripes are with Java, though,
not jEdit.

I'm sure you can setup gvim or a Windows version of emacs to do the same
thing, but I (gasp!) don't really care for either of those editors at this
point. Maybe someday I'll learn Lisp and learn to love emacs.

If you were on a Mac, I'd say go buy Textmate, even though it's not FLOSS.

-TJ