[triangle-zpug] August meeting

Ben Best bbest at duke.edu
Wed Aug 17 17:03:42 CEST 2005

Hi Chris and All,

Yes, I'd be happy to host at Duke next week.  Thanks for the reminder.  A
ZODB talk would be excellent.  I would also be interested to hear about
anyone's experience/knowledge with the upcoming Plone 2.1 release.  Anyone
else want to chime in for giving a talk?

Finally, I could share my recent experiences working with three different
calendaring Plone products that implement the iCalendar exchange format.  In
order to achieve a suitable groupware solution using iCal-compliant desktop
calendaring software such as Sunbird
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html), I used the
following three products:

  * PloneiCalendar -- to read/write personal calendars
    http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/PloneiCalendar/20040810.htm

  * Calendaring -- to read website project calendars for published events
    http://plone.org/products/calendaring)

  * mxm_ical_tool -- to add a download as iCal document action for events
    http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/mxm_ical_tool

Cheers, Ben