[triangle-zpug] Python Game Programming Challenge

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Wed Aug 3 05:43:50 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:24:32PM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> Paging David Handy. David Handy, report to the information desk:
>
> http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/PyWeek/1

Yeah, I hear you. I sent an email to the PyWeek rules committe to ask if
they would let me use my CPIF package as part of the game. The rules state
"no pre-existing code". But the rules also say "release the code well before
the comp as part of a tutorial. Then you may refer to it -- and so may the
other competitors." My CPIF package has been released for quite some time,
and has not just a tutorial but a whole book, 4 chapters available online.

If they let me use my CPIF package then I'll probably enter. Pygame is too
low level, and one week doesn't give me much time to write or learn to use
something else, especially when you can't take that entire week off of
work. :)

--
David Handy
Computer Programming is Fun!