[triangle-zpug] News for TriZPUG

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Fri Apr 29 01:27:33 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 02:14:54PM -0400, Chris Calloway wrote:
> One, Jim Allman, Geoff Davis and I talked at the previous month's
> after-meeting-meeting about whether it would be possible to do another
> Plone Boot Camp in the future where TriZPUGers took responsibility for
> instruction rather than hiring an outside instructor (even though Joel
> was very good, the best even). It would allow us to continue to keep the
> cost low while putting more of the expenses to things like catered
> lunchs (saving time each day) and more printed material, like a printed
> book for each participant.

I am interested in instructing at a Python Boot Camp, provided I can make it
work with my family schedule. It may be that I am limited to one all-day
session, but I want to do something to help out.

If we put together our own materials, we should consider adapting portions
of my beginning programming with Python book. This discussion comes at an
interesting time -- my book is released and goes on sale this weekend.

I will send another message to this group when I have posted the syllabus
outline from the book on my web site.  You all could look it over and see
what you consider interesting and relevant.

David H.