[triangle-zpug] Plone: has anybody seen this one?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Apr 18 23:59:26 CEST 2005

Chris Calloway wrote:
> I created a group caled Investigators. I created a role call
> Investigator. I gave the role to the group. I put members in the group.
> When I go to the Members tab as a manager and search for all members
> with the role of Investigatos, no results are returned. What gives?
>
> Searching for Members, Reviewers, Managers, and Owners works as
> expected. But these are all out of the box roles. Is there something I
> need to do to make a user defined role searchable?

I found this is a problem with CMFMember (it works fine on sites without
CMFMember) and filed a bug:

http://plone.org/development/teams/developer/groups/issues/173

I also tried the CMFMember 1.0.1 bug-fix release, that fixes something
to do with MembershipTool.searchForMembers() "causing the Plone's local
roles form to break." But it didn't fix this particular
search/role/member bug.