[triangle-zpug] Zope X3 installation & configuration - "recipe"

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Tue Sep 7 21:36:51 CEST 2004

FCC: ~/mail/sent-mail
--text follows this line--
Hello folks,

Finally got the "recipe" cleaned up, to my satisfaction:

  http://www.utsl.com/zope_qstart/index.html

Zope X3 will require a build of Python 2.3.4, which is not included in
recent Linux distros.

  Grab a 2.3.4 RPM "beta" package by search of http://rpm.pbone.net,
  use "apt-get install python" on Debian Sarge (for 2.3.4) or use a
  2.3.4 Python "build recipe" from the Quick Start page, above.

Hope this helps!  It took me some time, just to figure out how to
actually use Subversion, and then get the demo-app sources from Zope
X3 subversion repositories - the Zope.org docs are often out-of-date.

Isn't systems integration work fun :^( :^( ?   Enjoy Zope X3!

thanks,
----mark