[triangle-zpug] FW: CSSManager

Dimauro, Frank FDimauro at unch.unc.edu
Thu Oct 28 21:33:04 CEST 2004

Re: Install of the CSSManager in Plone...thanks to Chris Calloway

 untar the Package into your "Products"-Directory, but

> Which one?
> C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Data\Products
> or
> C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\lib\python\Products

On Windows after running the Plone2 installer defaults, C:\Program
Files\Plone 2\Data\Products is the directory for your Zope instance and
where Zope products should be untarred. You can tell because the Data
directory also has your var subdirectory with your Data.fs ZODB file.

If you look in C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Data\bin\runzope.bat, which is
what you run to start Plone from the command line (if you don't run it
as a service already), you will see the instance home variable:

@set INSTANCE_HOME=C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Data

The other directory in C:\Program Files\Plone 2\Zope\lib\python\Products
is where Python products have been installed for the Python interpreter
used by *all* your Zope instances (in case you have have run C:\Program
Files\Plone 2\Zope\bin\mkzopeinstance.py to create more than one Zope
instance, in which case you will have more than one directory with a
Data.fs in each).

Note that all these answers are dependent on having installed Plone with
the installer available on plone.org. If you were to install from
source, you might configure your directory setup and instance homes
entirely differently. It's good to explore those files in C:\Program
Files\Plone 2\Zope\bin to see how your Zope instance is running and what
is coming from where. A benefit of using the Plone installer is getting
all the nice Zope startup management scripts, which are above and beyond
what Zope itself provides. If I were installing just Zope, and not even
worried about Plone, I would probably still use the Plone installer,
simply because the nice Plone people have added so many usability
features to Zope like the startup management scripts.

mail: CB #3056, 12 Howell Hall, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599