[triangle-zpug] Plone Boot Camp

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Nov 24 16:07:38 CET 2004

I just want to say thanks again for all the responses, private and
public, to Plone Boot Camp. I have to reply to some of them here, are
there are so many.

First, if intentions are commitments, Plone Boot Camp is over half full.
That means it will take place and it will be low cost. Yay!

Second, because we can fill the class with people locally, there's no
need to publicize this all over the world. My understanding is the Plone
Foundation wants to do this in lots of places, so folks outside NC will
have opportunities in their own area, also. We just get to be the first. :)

Third, for when you need to know if you are going, I'm trying to have
registration ready by Dec. 8. I will let the sponsorships have first
crack. Then it will be announced here. Then it's first come first serve
(OK, I'll give the folks who sent me their intentions a head start).
Then if after a week we still have open slots, we can branch out. But it
seems that TriZPUG has enough interest itself to fill the classroom.
There may even be enough TriZPUG interest to have *another* Plone Boot
Camp (heck, we might be able to figure out how to do it ourselves after
awhile).

Fourth, Tom Bryan and others, I will take you up on your offer of help.
Thanks! Tom, if you and Geoff hadn't organized TriZPUG, I wouldn't have
so much contact with the local Python community to be able to pull Plone
Boot Camp off.

Fifth, if you haven't seen Chuck Rodgers's http://highwaymarker.org/,
then you should have a look. It's really cool.

mail: CB #3056, 12 Howell Hall, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599