[triangle-zpug] Another Plone book

Geoff Davis gdavis at nber.org
Mon Nov 22 21:11:22 CET 2004

I think there may be a misunderstanding.  Plone 2.1 will definitely use
the CMF, either 1.4.x or 1.5 (I'm not sure if it has been decided at
this point).  Plone has numerous dependencies on the CMF beyond the
content types (all the member management machinery, all the actions
machinery, etc, etc).  I don't think there's any way we will dump the
CMF as long as Plone is running on Zope 2.x, and I don't think there is
any desire to do so.  The CMF works just fine!

The Zope 3 version of Plone is another story, since there isn't a Zope 3
analog of the CMF, but that's way off in the future.