[triangle-zpug] Last evening's meeting

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Fri May 28 05:33:46 CEST 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Chris Calloway wrote:

> 3) Should there be more frequent meetings, or meetings for different
> audiences? Can we expect value from 12 or fewer meetings per year as a
> group purpose? Should meetings be for things that can only (or mo'
> better) be face to face with more participation taking place virtually?
> Should meetings be more like last night where participants compared
> notes rather than having a structured program? Should there be separate
> nights for structured programs? Should some meetings be more about
> planning group activities/directions? Should there be separate nights
> for different interests (e.g., Python vs. CMS)?
>
> 4) How do we "cast the net?" We know there are many more pythonistas and
> zopistas active in the Triangle that whom come to TriZPUG. Many
> pythonistas are not even aware of what their fellow pythonistas down the
> hall are doing. Or that they are down the hall.

Regarding points #3 & #4 above, I joined this mailing list in February
after searching the net for a local Python users group. The only Python
programmer I see on a regular basis is the one I see in the mirror, and I
am tired of the isolation. I hope to meet fellow Pythonistas, find out
what the common interests are, and go from there. I hope we could
establish a forum where we could bounce ideas off eachother in person,
show off our projects, etc.

Unfortunately, I have not been to any of the meetings thus far because
they conflict with my oldest son's cub scout pack meetings, which are also
every 4th Wednesday, and will be probably through the end of this year. If
you all ever feel inclined to do a 1st, 2cnd, or 3rd Wednesday instead,
feel free...but that would be a horribly selfish request so I just won't
say anything about it... ;)

David H.