[triangle-zpug] Need topics and/or speakers

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Feb 29 13:29:27 CET 2004

With February's meeting, I have now run to the end of my list of people who
said at one point that they'd give a talk.  So, here's where a bit of effort
on your part is required.  :-)

We have 10 more meetings this year (one per month).  Attendence always seems
to be better when we have some sort of planned talk/topic.  Unless someone
can think of a format that would draw more than 10 or so of our 40 members,
we're going to leave the format as it is.  The meeting starts with news and
some introductions, a speaker gives a presentation for something like an
hour, and we hang out and chat for another 30 - 60 minutes about the
speaker's topic, our own Python/Zope projects, etc.

I need *you* to suggest presentation topics that you'd like to hear.
OR
I need volunteers for future presentations.

Topics should be about Python, Zope, or some project that uses one or both of
them.  You don't have to be an expert to give a talk.  Both talks I've given
were about parts of Python that I had never really used but wanted to force
myself to learn.  There's nothing like a presentation deadline to force you
to read/experiment with something new!  :-)

So, reply to the list with suggestions, or volunteer for a talk.  The only way
to get content that interests you at the TriZPUG is to suggest topics.  The
only way to *guarantee* topics that interest you is to present them yourself.
;-)