[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG February Meeting: Building web applications with Zope and Flash (an adventure)

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Feb 20 21:41:21 CET 2004

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, February 25, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.  We will be meeting in
the DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to
use their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus.  Directions to Venture
III are below.  This month, Jim Allman will be giving a talk about Zope and
Flash.  (For those who are keeping track, this was the topic for our January
meeting that was cancelled due to ice.  It looks like we might get some rain
next week but no snow/ice.)

Hope to see you there!

Title: Building web applications with Zope and Flash (an adventure)
We'll be discussing the challenges and opportunities in building rich
internet apps with Flash with Zope, using an example web application
currently under development. Topics will include tips for application
design (what's a movie for?); passing data from client to server using
XML-RPC; managing the browser cache (it's your worst enemy, and your
best friend); debugging tools and tips; adding a server-side Python
module for application-specific logic; overcoming quirks in the Flash
Player (problems with Content-Type, mangled XML, arrgh).

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the following link
http://centennial.ncsu.edu/howtogethere/htgh.htm
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://delta.ncsu.edu/lts/about/directions.cfm, but skip step #3 since the
meeting is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG: