[triangle-zpug] offer to provide a "Plone server"

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Fri Dec 31 00:33:22 CET 2004

Hi boot-campers,

(I know this is late, but...)

I am willing to contribute a "server" of sorts, running N (where N
probably needs to be < 6) instances of Plone 2.0.5, Zope 2.7.3, Python
2.3.4 on SuSE Linux 9.1 (my box is 768M, 600mhz P3).  I will also
provide "sudo zope" access and "student" accounts for N users.

If you have some help or know what you are doing on Linux, Plone
installs are no more trouble; in fact, you will be able to create
"optimized" Zope, Python and Plone installs, over what you would get
on Windows or pre-packaged Linux RPM stuff.

If anyone thinks this would be of help, /especially/ Chris our
organizer, let me know.  I would also be willing to setup "larger N
instances" on a heftier Linux (SuSE 9.1 or Debian sarge or newer
Fedora maybe) server in the boot-camp area, if I can have "sudo"/ssh
(ok, root) remote access.  Please contact me off-list, if this would
be of interest.

Thanks, your Zope/Linux guy,
----mark

  I will be running Plone (as above) on my Dell 400 mhz P2 / 256M Debian
  Linux notebook - decent, and probably a minimal Plone config.
  (incl X11, Windowmaker, Firefox, GNU Emacs)