[Triangle] Re: [triangle-zpug] boot camp preparation

Geoff Davis geoff at geoffdavis.net
Tue Dec 28 20:05:08 CET 2004

I don't know in detail how Joel is planning to run things, but from some
of our early conversations on the subject, the week will be styled after
the old ArsDigita boot camps.  That means that lectures will be at a
bare minimum -- if you don't have access to an instance of Plone that
you can hack, you're not going to get very much out of the week.  Think
10% lectures, 90% working on programming problems with a facilitator
around to help out.

Zope and Plone are both memory pigs -- you definitely need more than
64M.  You probably need about 256M at a bare minimum -- I don't run with
anything less than 512M.

Geoff