[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG August Meeting: NEW Location

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Fri Aug 20 05:54:49 CEST 2004

Roundtable discussion - Your Python/Zope projects and question and TriZPUG

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, August 25, at 6:30 p.m. in Duham, NC.  We will be meeting in
room 226 at the Perkins Library on the Duke University West Campus.
Directions and parking info are available below.  This is a NEW location for
TriZPUG.  In an effort to share the pain of driving to meetings and attract
more people from the west side of the Triangle, we will be using this new
location for about half of our meetings in the future. This month, we'll be
having a "roundtable" discussion.  It's the perfect type of meeting for brand
new members, so invite anyone you know who may be interested.

Hope to see you there!

Title: Roundtable discussion - Your Python/Zope projects and questions.
This month, there will be no speaker.  Everyone should come prepared to
talk for a few moments about Python and/or Zope.  Our preference is to
hear what you're doing in your current projects with Python and/or Zope.
If you can't or don't want to talk about that, we'd be happy to hear what
you have done with Python/Zope or what you're planning to do "real soon now"
with Python/Zope.  You are not required to bring anything written or to
show a demo, but you may do so if it will help.  Each member will probably
only have 3-10 minutes to talk, depending on attendence and interest.
>From past experience, the meeting should also provide an opportunity for
you to ask some questions of the group and tap their experience.  I'd also
be interested in continuing the discussion from our last roundtable about
what the TriZPUG should be doing.  See these messages from the list
archives
http://starship.python.net/pipermail/triangle-zpug/2004-May/000338.html
http://starship.python.net/pipermail/triangle-zpug/2004-May/000342.html
http://starship.python.net/pipermail/triangle-zpug/2004-May/000343.html

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
==================================
Perkins library directions and parking info:
http://www.lib.duke.edu/reference/directs.htm
Maps:
https://aux03.auxserv.duke.edu/parking/campusmap/2003mapsmall.htm
https://aux03.auxserv.duke.edu/parking/campusmap/2003mapbig.htm

To get to room 226, go in the main entrance of Perkins Library and head
towards the reference desk. Take the elevator/stairs to the right of the
reference desk and go up one floor. As you exit, turn right and room 226
is right around the corner.

Parking (more information from the room sponsor)
Unfortunately parking is pretty tough on Duke's campus, though sometimes
less so in the evening when we're holding this meeting. You may want to
try the Chapel Quad first. There are a couple dozen spaces there (right
in front of Duke Chapel) that are usually controlled by a parking officer.
Usually after 5pm these are open, unless there is a special event. If there
is an officer there, you can plead for a space and you might luck out.
Perkins Library is right there on the main quad, to the right of the statue
of the guy holding a cigar as you face the Chapel. If you can't park there,
you'll need to go around to the back of the Chapel and park in the Bryan
Center lot/deck (which unfortunately is not free) and then walk around the
Chapel to get to the library. More info on this in the linked page about
library parking info.

For more about TriZPUG: