[triangle-zpug] Desktop apps in Python?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Aug 16 19:47:21 CEST 2004

Tom Bryan wrote:
> On Friday 13 August 2004 10:21 pm, Jim Allman wrote:
> Not sure.  I've never built installers that were not targetted at a very
> specific audience/platform.

My impression of cross-platform installers (like Install Anywhere for
Java), is that they either assume the existence of a suitable VM on the
target machine, or detect and install one appropriate to the target OS.
Which means they either have incredibly large payloads or connect to a
remote repository during install.

Yes, this doesn't even address which Python GUI is most cross-platform. :)

mail: CB #3056, 12 Howell Hall, UNC, Chapel Hill, NC 27599