[triangle-zpug] topics, we got 'em - April Speaker/Meeting?

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Tue Apr 27 15:08:46 CEST 2004

Hello Tom,

Have you cancelled the meeting?  May I suggest some topics
(regardless):

  - what are you doing with Python - "round-table" discussion

  - what are you doing with Zope - "round-table" discussion

  - what are you doing with Jython - "round-table" discussion

  - (substitute "are your interests in" above)

  - Production software engineering "secrets" in Zope (or) Python

    for Python, I can imagine:  logging, exception handling tips,
    signal-handling, running Python scripts as services on Windoze
    (sorry), X-platform GUI toolkit tips, doing X-platform Python
    scripting ...

    for Zope?  Well, how to effectively develop in Zope ... !

      http://audible.transient.net/zope/   :^) :^)

    ... fronting Zope with Apache, scaling Zope, using Zeo effectively

I've just completed a talk on "Introduction to Zope" for regional
Linux Users Groups here, but it's too introductory for TZPUG, I
think.

In my experience with being active in LUGs, any time we didn't have a
topic, the best way to proceed was to go ahead and meet, and do the
following (round-table like):

  "what is your name, organization, and what is your interest in
   Linux"  - everyone around the room talks

It always got things going well for that meeting, and got folks
interested enough to keep coming back.

My 2 pfennigs,
----mark

  biggers at utsl.com