[triangle-zpug] How can I join Triangle-ZPUG?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sat Sep 27 05:38:30 CEST 2003

On Saturday 27 September 2003 09:40 am, paulporter at buffalotalks.com wrote:
> The subject says it all.  Though I live in Kinston the Triangle-ZPUG seems
> to be the closest user group in my area so I would like to get some
> information about joining your group.

Below is some info from my first message about our mailing list.  We have kept
things very informal.  I make sure that we have a meeting once a month,
currently held on the UNC Centennial Campus.  Topics vary: see our wiki at
http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage for information on past
meetings.  There's no real "membership."  Join the mailing list, attend
meetings if you can, and participate.

Enjoy
---Tom

Triangle Zope/Pyton User Group mailing list
Date: 08/03/02 07:41 am

To make our efforts at organizing the first meeting (and the group in
general) a bit easier, I have set up a mailing list.  Please subscribe
at
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/triangle-zpug

Once everyone is subscribed, we can discuss a (hopefully regular)
meeting time and location for the group.  Personally, I'd like to keep
everything very informal for now.  No rules, bylaws, officers, or
anything like that...at least until we see that everyone has continued
interest in the group.  If you have an opinion on these or other
matters, don't reply!  Join the mailing list, and send your comments
there.  :)

If you'd like to use the list to ask Python-related questions, feel
free.  Personally, I'll probably continue to use comp.lang.python or
the zope mailing list for such questions.  I plan to use this list
primarily to figure out organizational issues (what is everyone
interested in, where/when will we meet, who's willing to give a talk,
etc.) and to get to know the other Python and Zope users in the area.

Finally, a couple people signed
http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/VisitorLog
without posting or sending me an e-mail address.