[triangle-zpug] Re: TriZPUG September Meeting: Adaptable Persistence Engine (APE)

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Fri Sep 26 15:10:40 CEST 2003

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 03:19  PM, Tom Bryan wrote:
> I'm sorry that I was unable to attend.  I got tied up at work
> yesterday.  How
> was the meeting?  What did I miss?

Shane's presentation on ApeLib was very interesting, and it gave me a
new appreciation of how elegantly ZODB handles tricky persistence
issues. Afterward, everyone seemed pretty zapped, so that was about it
for content.

Afterward, some of us swung by Dalat for Vietnamese food. MMmmmmm. Good
chat with Rob, Brian, and Shane on Zope Corp., Zope 3 (sprint!
sprint!), and the open-source "gift culture."

Special bonus: Tales of Chris's vacation in Vietnam. Bargains galore!
Maybe the next PyCon could happen there 8-)

   =jimA=