[triangle-zpug] Summary of August 2003 meeting

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Wed Sep 3 12:12:08 CEST 2003

Sorry to miss another meeting, it sounds like fun. I'm finally out of
surgery, so I should become a real pest again soon.

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 04:17  AM, Tom Bryan wrote:
> Because of the group in attendence, a lot of the discussion centered
> around
> Zope and Plone.  Are Jim Allman and AM Thomas still listening?  I
> think that
> there was at least one issue for which I felt you may be able to
> provide some
> valuable input.

Still here, Tom! Ask away (though you're probably overestimating my
skills, see below).

Actually, I have a couple of really general questions on Zope/CMF
versus Plone:

1) How are they related at this point? I gather the Plone folks are
incorporating the recent CMF in their work, so is it kind of a polished
"distro" of Zope/CMF, or more of a radical alternative?

2) Would using Plone interfere with installing/using other Zope
Products? (Does it retain standard Zope innards re traversal,
acquisition, authentication, etc?) Or is it meant to be more like a
shrink-wrapped setup with standard features?

   =jimA=