[triangle-zpug] Python and psycopg

Hunter Matthews thm at duke.edu
Thu May 29 12:12:15 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 02:04, Tom Bryan wrote:

> Finally, the "embedded" DB I was trying to remember at the meeting is SQLite.
> See http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/index.html
> There is a Python driver for the DB, but I haven't used it.
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pysqlite

I've been using it, and while I had some initial trouble understanding
how it (Or the DB-API apparently) uses transactions, its a GREAT way to
teach yourself SQL programming without a lot of setup overhead.

I have an rpm for the pysqlite module if anyone wants it.

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department