[triangle-zpug] exUserFolder and SMB

Charlie Fulton triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:39:16 -0500

Does anyone have experience using SMB to authenticate zope users?
exUserFolder 0.10.10 installed and works just fine in ZODB authentication
mode.  I can set up SMB, point it to my server and give a domain to use but
it doesn't seem to authenticate users.

I'm authenticating against samba, which is on the same machine as Zope
2.5.1.  Does exUserFolder need some kind of encryption package or do I need
to define roles somehow?  It doesn't work even if the required privilages
are just set to authenticated rather than a specific role.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Charlie