[triangle-zpug] March meeting: should we cancel?

Ian Sparks triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:52:23 -0500

I won't be at PyCon but I won't be around the March meeting either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bryan [mailto:tbryan@python.net]
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 3:37 AM
To: triangle-zpug@python.net
Subject: [triangle-zpug] March meeting: should we cancel?

We normally meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month.  This month, that =
would=20
be March 26.  The PyCon in DC starts on the morning March 26:=20
http://www.python.org/pycon/pycon-schedule.html
Since I'm giving a talk at PyCon, I'll definitely be gone.  I think that =
Geoff=20
may also be going. =20

I'd actually encourage all of you to go to the PyCon.  It's designed to =
be by=20
the Python community for the Python community...less expensive and high=20
powered than the annual International Python Conference.  This year will =
be=20
the first such conference, and it probably won't be quite so close and=20
convenient next year if they have another one.  It's close to us (in =
DC), the=20
registration fee is still only $200 for a three day conference, and =
there are=20
hotels under $100/night within easy metro distance to the conference.  =
The=20
anticipated size is between 100 and 200 Pythonistas. =20

Anyway, I won't be here for our March meeting.  If you won't either, =
then=20
we'll cancel the meeting.  If most of you (especially our room sponsor) =
will=20
be in town, then I'd be happy to make arrangements for a March meeting.  =

Votes?