[triangle-zpug] March meeting: should we cancel?

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:36:56 +0500

We normally meet on the fourth Wednesday of the month.  This month, that would
be March 26.  The PyCon in DC starts on the morning March 26:
http://www.python.org/pycon/pycon-schedule.html
Since I'm giving a talk at PyCon, I'll definitely be gone.  I think that Geoff
may also be going.

I'd actually encourage all of you to go to the PyCon.  It's designed to be by
the Python community for the Python community...less expensive and high
powered than the annual International Python Conference.  This year will be
the first such conference, and it probably won't be quite so close and
convenient next year if they have another one.  It's close to us (in DC), the
registration fee is still only $200 for a three day conference, and there are
hotels under $100/night within easy metro distance to the conference.  The
anticipated size is between 100 and 200 Pythonistas.

Anyway, I won't be here for our March meeting.  If you won't either, then
we'll cancel the meeting.  If most of you (especially our room sponsor) will
be in town, then I'd be happy to make arrangements for a March meeting.

Votes?

---Tom