[triangle-zpug] Anyone want to talk at June meeting?

Sam Brauer sbrauer1 at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 10:07:43 EDT 2003

Tom Bryan wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2003 12:13 am, Tom Bryan wrote:
>
>>I currently have no topic and no planned speaker for our June 25 meeting.
>>Attendence seems best when we have a prepared topic and/or a speaker.  I'd
>>like to have something selected this week so that anyone who has to do prep
>>work would have a couple of weeks and weekends to put something together.
>>
>>Some suggestions (I'm not volunteering 'cause I don't know whether I'll be
>>able to make it to that meeting yet):
>>1) What's changed in Python since 1.5.2?  How, when, why to use it?
>>2) Python XML-RPC
>>3) Twisted (I believe someone suggested this topic at our last meeting)
>>
>>Any suggestions?  More importantly, any volunteers?
>

> No firm offers, yet.  Come on.  You know that you've been wanting to learn
> something new in Python.  What better motivation that having to prepare a
> talk?  :)

For what it's worth, I'd be willing to speak at the July meeting.
I'm working on my first CMF site now, and have learned a lot about it as
well as various other corners of Zope lately.
I could give a talk on CMF in general and a case-study on customizing it
to meet the needs of the site I'm working on.

Regarding option #1 above (which I almost bit on), take a look at Andrew
Kuchling's great "what's new" documents...

http://python.org/doc/2.2.1/whatsnew/
http://www.amk.ca/python/2.1/
http://www.amk.ca/python/2.0/

- Sam Brauer