[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG July Meeting: Introduction to CMF

"Will" Williams will at person2know.us
Wed Jul 23 22:32:44 EDT 2003

AUGUST MEETING SUGGESTION:

As we left the July metting several of the remaining attendees realized that
we were still having trouble remembering names and functions of the
membership.  In an effort to become better acquainted with each of the other
members it is suggested that we have a "beach party smorgasboard
presentation" for August.

This "beach party" would require every attendee to at least bring 12 copies
of a "front page" of some project they have or will be implementing with
Zope, Plone, CMF or Python, or something the wish they had implemented using
the above, or possibly a book review.  This page should have the member's
name and contact information (if public).  A business card or company
brochure might be attached.

In addition to the "front page", each member would bring a contribution to a
"pot luck dinner" (finger foods only!) and contribute $2 to $4 for an order
in pizza(s) or whatever.  Home baked cake and cookies are welcome as well as
fresh veggies from your garden.

Dress code would be shorts, t-shirts and sandles (citronella candles not
required).

The formal part of the meeting would consist of handing out the copies to
all other members and a moderator selecting them one at a time for Q & A or
a 5 minute description (wouldn't require anyone to get up an give a speech).
If there is deep interest in any one project that might be continued in the
September meeting.

Anyone wanting a piece of the German Chocolate Cake that I will be bringing
must have their handout!

Patrick Williams
American Computer Technics, Inc.