[triangle-zpug] January 29 Meeting Announcement

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:43:42 +0500

The vote on the new meeting time is closed, and the 4th Wednesday of the month
won.  I am still trying to confirm the meeting room reservation with our host
for our next meeting, but I wanted to send out this announcement so that you
could all reserve the evening for TriZPUG.

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its third meeting this
Wednesday, January 29, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.   We will be meeting at
the DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III on NCSU's Centennial Campus.
Hunter Matthews will give a talk on one of his projects.

Title: Current - Exploring a real world program
Current is a open-source reverse engineered up2date server (for Red Hat linux
systems). It is implemented entirely in python, and uses several different
kinds of technology.  Data storage, network service, logging/debugging,
cryptography, security and future growth are all areas covered in most
programming books, but rarely do they give you an idea of what real users in
real situations will hand you.  This talk will attempt to do that.

Directions to Venture III: