[triangle-zpug] Fwd: Your PyCon DC 2003 Submission

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:11:54 +0000

> Subject: Your PyCon DC 2003 Submission
> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:02:28 -0500
>
> Dear Tom Bryan
>
> Re: Unit Testing in Python
>
> We are pleased to inform you that your proposal has been accepted for
> inclusion in the conference program as a regular presentation.
> <snip>

Yay!  It looks like I'll be giving some sort of presentation at PyCon DC 2003
this March based on the Unit Testing talk I gave at our meeting last
November.

At the last meeting, it sounded like many of you hadn't heard about PyCon
2003.  See http://www.python.org/pycon/
"""The first PyCon will be held 26-28 March, 2003, at George Washington
University's Cafritz Conference Center in Washington DC."""
Basically, the community felt that there was a need for a low cost conference
where Python programmers (both interpreter folks and us mere users) could
meet and discuss Python.  The early bird registration fee is only $150.  This
conference does not replace the International Python Conference, but I think
that there was a sense that many Pythonistas didn't want to pay the IPC
registration fee.

---Tom