[triangle-zpug] Zope/python Training

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Tue Dec 9 17:58:40 CET 2003

Paul,

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 11:13  AM, Paul Edward Brinich wrote:
> We have been trying to standardize on a UML-based development model,
> but we have
> found it very challenging to get everyone on the same page.  That is
> largely the reason we are looking for some outside help.

This is interesting, and a larger issue I think. I don't know if this
can be driven from the outside..

> As far as scope is concerned, we all develop web applications for a
> variety of purposes, most related to support of in-class or distance
> education classes.  So, the applications could be a bit varied.

Also useful information, since this means you probably can't structure
the training around a particular project. (IMO, this is a powerful
approach, since you can assume a shared vocabulary and knowledge of the
"problem domain" amond all the students. This avoids the cognitive
burden of fake projects, fake clients, etc and acts as a natural filter
on class content.)

Since your people are involved in a variety of different projects, it's
probably best to stick to a more formal curriculum (a.k.a. "one size
fits all"). I don't know where you'd find such a thing, though of
course it could be cobbled together.

I'm sorta wondering if we could put together a tag-team, "teach in"
kind of thing..

   =jimA=