[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG December Meeting: Tom Bryan talks about something

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Dec 3 20:23:09 CET 2003

NOTE: we are meeting on the second Wednesday of this month since our normal
meeting day (4th Wednesday) is December 24.

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, December 10, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.  We will be meeting in
the DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to
use their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus.  Directions to Venture
III are below.  This month, Tom Bryan will be giving a presentation.

Hope to see you there!

Title: TBD
==========
The TriZPUG's Tom Bryan has promised to give a talk about...something.  :-)
The talk will probably focus on socket programming and multi-threading in
Python.  The material will probably be presented in the context of an actual
application and will mostly involve the basics of these standard Python
libraries.  There is a very small chance that the topic will be changed at
the last minute to an overview of PyQt and the BlackAdder IDE from
theKompany.com. In any case, the talk should not occupy the whole time, and
we anticipate that there will be plenty of time for members to chat with each
other about other Pythonic topics.

If you couldn't tell, response has been generally in favor of one more
meeting this year, so I decided to schedule one and give you some advance
notice so that you can all rearrange your schedules for it.  I'm in the middle
of preparing a talk for the meeting.  I plan to finish pulling it all together
this weekend.  Hopefully the presentation will be at least as good as my unit
testing talk, which I also put together at the last minute, last year.

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the following link
http://centennial.ncsu.edu/howtogethere/htgh.htm
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://delta.ncsu.edu/lts/about/directions.cfm, but skip step #3 since the meeting
is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG: