[triangle-zpug] Zope/python Training

Jim Allman jim at ibang.com
Wed Dec 3 15:55:23 CET 2003

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 08:45  AM, Mark Biggers wrote:
> I wish I was up-to-speed enough to teach such a course.

	Same here. I have training experience, and I've done real work with
Zope--but always in smallish projects. I always feel like I'm nibbling
at the edges of its capabilities, learning enough to get the job done.

	I think one reason the thought of Zope training is kind of
intimidating, is that there's no "by the book" model for Zope
development. Once you get past the "common ground" of Python and "Zope
zen", the road forks in many directions. We all use these tools in
idiosyncratic ways, closely fitted to the task at hand. (OK, if you
narrow the field to just Plone or Silva, I suppose there are best
practices.)

	Paul, here are some questions that might help us find the right
trainer (and the right training approach) for the people at NCSU:

	- What specifically are they interested in? Do they want to sample the
buffet of Zope and Pythonic goodness, or do they have a specific
application in mind?

	-  Are they a cohesive group, or a sprinkling of people from different
environments?

	- What level of background knowledge (of HTML, database, content
management, scripting) can we assume?

	- How would you describe the "temperature" of the group? Are they
raring to go, or just kinda curious?

	=jimA=