[triangle-zpug] August meeting: Call For Votes

Geoff Davis geoff at geoffdavis.net
Thu Aug 21 19:02:28 EDT 2003

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: triangle-zpug-bounces+geoff=geoffdavis.net at python.net
[mailto:triangle-zpug-bounces+geoff=geoffdavis.net at python.net]On Behalf
Of Tom Bryan
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 4:13 PM
To: triangle-zpug at python.net
Subject: [triangle-zpug] August meeting: Call For Votes

Okay, our August meeting would normally be on Wednesday August 27.

The suggestion was put forward to hold a sort of presentation party for our
next meeting.  Everyone would bring snacks.  We might also order pizza or
something.  Each member would also bring copies of a "front page" of some
project they have or will be implementing with Zope, Plone, CMF or Python,
or
something the wish they had implemented using the above, or possibly a book
review.  This page should have the member's name and contact information (if
public).  A business card or company brochure might be attached.

So, does everyone like this idea?  I think that such a meeting would be a
good
change of pace from our regular meeting format (chit-chat followed by
semi-formal presentation followed/interrupted by discussion).  It should
also
help us to remember each other's names/faces.  On the other hand, I want to
make sure that we have a solid attendence; otherwise it won't be any fun.

Simple votes are acceptable:
+1 = like it, plan to attend
0  = might attend; might like it
-1 = hate the idea