[triangle-zpug] State of the TriZPUG

Ian Sparks triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:26:17 -0400

Evenings are generally good for me and the venues discussed so far seem =
reasonable.

I'm interested in Zope but just that, interested. If TriZPUG is going to =
be TriZUG its unlikely I'll become a regular.=20

That said, I would very much like to meet other Zope and Python users in =
a setting that allows for maximum "brownian motion".

- Ian Sparks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bryan [mailto:tbryan@python.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 3:11 PM
To: triangle-zpug@python.net
Subject: [triangle-zpug] State of the TriZPUG

There appear to be 21 distinct individuals involved with TriZPUG.  Of=20
those, 19 are listed on the VisitorLog wiki page.  There are 15 members=20
on the mailing list, and all of those members appear to be distinct.  I=20
have sent e-mail to the other 6 to pester them about joining the list.

Other than the info on the VisitorLog, only about half a dozen people=20
have posted here about definite preferences as far as meeting topics=20
and style.  Of those, we have two strong votes for a "meet, greet, and=20
eat" for at least our first meeting.  We've also had a couple of votes=20
for (at least after the first meeting) meeting in a conference room and=20
having someone present a Python/Zope topic in some depth.  Of the=20
people who have posted their preferences about topics, we're all over=20
the map.  A few are only interested in Zope and don't like Python much.  =
=20
A few have little interest in Zope (other than maybe an overview to=20
learn what it is). =20

You can see that we have quite a diverse group!  That either means that=20
there will be a lot of room for everyone to learn and grow, or it means=20
that none of us will want to talk about anything anyone else is=20
interested in. :)  I guess time will tell.  I'll continue to gather=20
info to help gauge where the interest actually is.  Now, all I need is=20
feedback from everyone sitting quietly in the corners.

not-sure-how-i-got-involved-in-this-ly y'rs,=20
---Tom=20