[triangle-zpug] Looking for a speaker for next meeting (Nov 12)

A M Thomas triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:44:43 -0500

Hi there,

I can come to a Nov. 12 meeting and plan to be there.  If the plan is to
have meetings on the second Tuesday of every month, can we go ahead and
schedule these now for several months out?  Maybe through June?

The reason I ask is that my schedule for evenings can get pretty crammed
several weeks (sometimes months) in advance; In the next couple of days,
I will probably commit to a project that will take a lot of evenings
(OK, it's a show) through early March. I can possibly make it to ZPUG
meetings in Jan-Feb if I schedule them within the next week or so.  I
suspect this may save time in scheduling meetings in the future, too,
and help others keep their schedules clear.

The second Tuesdays through June, 2003, seem to be:

  Nov. 12
  Dec. 10 (I will have to miss this one)
  Jan. 14
  Feb. 11
  Mar. 11 (I will have to miss this one)
  Apr. 8
  May  13
  Jun. 10

In case others have conflicts with the December or March and people are
interested in rescheduling them (I'm not counting on this), I'll mention
that I could possibly make later dates in both months - after Dec. 14
and after Mar. 17.

I would certainly be willing to do a presentation/facilitation, but it
will have to be in April or June (possibly May depending on how things
work out).  I'll have to research whatever it is, no doubt, so perhaps
choosing the topic can be deferred until we see in what direction
everyone's interests will lie then.

*** Several people indicated they were interested in learning about
compiled Python - including me.  Can anyone give a presentation on that
in November?

- AM