[triangle-zpug] Looking for a speaker for next meeting (Nov 12)

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:35:28 +0000

I'd like to hold our second meeting on the second Tuesday of November
(the 12th).  Hunter is interested in giving a talk, but he will be
unable to give our next talk.

So...we're looking for speakers.  Again, I'd prefer a Python-focused
topic.  If you've got an idea and the time to prepare a talk by Nov 12,
please speak up.  Personally, I'd love to have a meeting centered
around one or more of the useful tools that many Pythonistas use for
their Python development: testing in Python (particularly unittest and
doctest), PyChecker, pydoc, py2html, etc.

I also think that an overview of one or more very popular/common third
party modules might be a good topic.  Examples of such modules include
PIL (Python Imaging Library), ReportLab (PDF generation), and the mx
extensions (DateTime, Stack, Proxy, BeeBase, TextTools).

Any takers?

---Tom