[triangle-zpug] Report on first meeting

Geoff Davis triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:52:51 -0400

Hi all--

I'm glad there was such a good turnout at the first meeting and I enjoyed
meeting you all.  I'm all for hearing about current.

Since not everybody had answers to Tom's questions about their interests on
hand, and since not everybody was able to make it to the meeting, how about
we send them around via email?

I'll post my slides some time this weekend.  In the meantime, here are my
recommended Plone resources:

* Download Plone: http://plone.org
* Getting started:
    o Read the Zope Book (skip material on DTML):
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/
    o Subscribe to plone-user list:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=47214
* For developers:
    o Read The Zope Bible ($35 from Amazon)
    o Subscribe to plone-developer
(http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=47214) and zope-cmf
    o Visit #plone, #cmf, and #zope IRC channels on irc.zope.net

A few additional useful things:

There are several useful Plone-ized products in a SourceForge project called
"CMF Collective": http://sourceforge.net/projects/collective/

Some particularly useful projects are in the Collective project CVS but
aren't in the main list.  See, for example,
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/collective/

For automated Plone content generation, see PloneOMatic (static content
generator, written by me) and CMFTypes (dynamic content generation written
by Ben Saller).  PloneOMatic is simpler but less powerful.  CMFTypes
development is more active.

Geoff Davis
geoff@geoffdavis.net
http://www.geoffdavis.net