[triangle-zpug] Report on first meeting

Hunter Matthews triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
11 Oct 2002 11:46:17 -0400

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 11:53, Tom Bryan wrote:

> From what I've heard, it sounds like the first meeting was a success!
> I'd like to thank Geoff for putting together a presentation to kick off
> the group's meetings.  I'm just sorry that I had to miss it: I've been
> looking forward to it since I talked to him about it last summer.

It was.

> How did the location/time suit everyone?

Fine.

> It sounds like there were about a dozen people there.  Did anyone take
> down the names of all of the attendees?

> Around 8:00, the group finally headed over to Jamaica Jamaica for
> dinner.

Everything was fine up to that point. We need to find a different
restaurant. (The food was fine, just not to my 'taste')

> can scrounge up a talk on the non-Zope Python side of the group.  Any
> suggestions for a topic?  Any volunteers to speak?

I've given several talks over the years at various groups. I recently
did a very short notice talk on current, a project I've been working on
for over a year written completely in python.

The focus of that talk to trilug was what is current, how it works etc.
For tri-zpug, we'd want to focus more on

writing complex systems in python
reverse engineering things in python
xmlrpc usage in python
mod_python
client - server
data storage not in SQL

What do you guys want? Is this at all interesting?

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioScience 145/244               Duke Univ. Biology Department