[triangle-zpug] Report on first meeting

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:53:13 +0500

>From what I've heard, it sounds like the first meeting was a success!
I'd like to thank Geoff for putting together a presentation to kick off
the group's meetings.  I'm just sorry that I had to miss it: I've been
looking forward to it since I talked to him about it last summer.

How did the location/time suit everyone?

It sounds like there were about a dozen people there.  Did anyone take
down the names of all of the attendees?

>From what I understand, no one was very shy, and Geoff's presentation
served as motivation for quite a bit of discussion about Zope.  After
the presentation, everyone handed around their intro sheets, leading to
more discussion about specific Python and Zope problems and projects.
Around 8:00, the group finally headed over to Jamaica Jamaica for
dinner.

If you attended the meeting, feel free to reply to the list with
additional comments/impressions/details of the evening.  I'm
particularly interested in finding out whether there's anything that
the TriZPUG needs to improve for our next meeting.  I need to know
because I'd like to start planning the next meeting for November 12 (on
the second Tuesday of the month) at the same time and place...assuming
that it's still available and that the location/time was okay for
everyone.  I'm not sure what topics everyone suggested, but I hope we
can scrounge up a talk on the non-Zope Python side of the group.  Any
suggestions for a topic?  Any volunteers to speak?

---Tom