[triangle-zpug] David Beazley's Advanced Python Guide

Jim Allman triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:19:56 -0500

	I recently stumbled into this collection of advanced Python tips. He has an
interesting (if terse) way of illuminating some of the funkier parts of the
language:

	David Beazley's Advanced Python Guide
http://innerpeace.org/pythonguide.htm

	Warning: It's not a pretty site, but it seems to have good information.
Look for Python terms in the scrolling list at left, then click the links
beneath the term.

	I learned quite a bit just by scrolling through the list and exploring
things that caught my eye.. For example, it includes a thorough list of
encoding types that Python can apply when encoding/decoding strings (yip!)
See these related entries:
	codecs
	encode()
	unicode