[triangle-zpug] Report on November 2002 meeting

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:04:38 +0500

Our November meeting was somewhat thwarted by the difficult weather.  I
remember my drive as lots of rain and tail lights.  By the end of the
presentation, we had John (of course), Anne Marie, Jim, Ian, Sam, and Geoff.
I think the talk I gave on unit testing was terrific!  ;-)  We chatted for
almost an hour after the meeting, discussing various aspects of unit testing,
inculding how to test web application and GUI code.  Since we had a couple of
new faces, we went around the room and did introductions again.  It was nice
getting to meet some of you.  I hope to see more at the next meeting.

As promised, I put the slides on the web.  They start at
http://starship.python.net/crew/tbryan/UnitTestTalk/slide1.html
As promised, these slides include extensive speaker's notes.  When I have
time, I'll attach some sort of open content license to them.  If you need to
give such a talk, feel free to steal the slides, as long as you give me
credit for my contribution.  If anyone sees errors or ways to improve the
slides, please send me e-mail.  If the presentation or slides lead you to a
testing revelation, please share it with us on the list.

There is a link to the slides from our Wiki page
http://dev.zope.org/Members/tbryan/TriZPUG/FrontPage
Note that the Wiki pages are there for everyone to use.  Feel free to add
pages and such (or complain if you can't).

Hunter has agreed to give our December talk.  I suggest December 10 (second
Tuesday in December) for the meeting if that works for Hunter and (our host)
John.  I know that Anne Marie won't be able to make it on that day, but it
sounds like her schedule may be difficult to accomodate for the December
meeting.  Does anyone else have severe scheduling conflicts for that day?

---Tom