[triangle-zpug] Zope topics

Hunter Matthews triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
14 Nov 2002 11:43:50 -0500

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 11:58, Geoff Davis wrote:
> Hunter,
>
> There is an alternative implementation of ZPT in the works called Alt-PT.
> Alt-PT implements all the functionality of ZPTs plus it's extensible.  I
> believe that there is supposed to be a standalone version in the works.  One
> downside is that it's a bit slower than ZPTs.  If speed is a big issue,
> though, Alt-PT is configured to work with Psyco
> (http://psyco.sourceforge.net/).  Here's the URL:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/AltPT

I may look at AltPT more, but it appears to be very early in its life.

Going through the ZPT links provided in your other email,
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx

Its looks like the guts of what I want is actually provided by TAL.

The Zope web pages mention that TAL is the only part of ZPT that is
available outside of Zope.

Would THAT be a solution to my problem? Is TAL enough? What does ZPT
provide on top of TAL that I wouldn't get?