[triangle-zpug] Reschedule next Tuesday's meeting?

Tom Bryan triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 19:54:15 +0000

Hi, everyone.  I had planned to send out an announcement today for our
December meeting, currently scheduled for next Tuesday, December 10.  After
today's storm, I wondered whether everyone will be up for a meeting already
next week.  We had planned to have Hunter give a talk on his project,
Current.  Here's an abstract for the talk.

"""
Current - Exploring a real world program

Current is a open-source reverse engineered up2date server. It is
implemented entirely in python, and uses several different kinds of
technology to work. Data storage, network service, logging/debugging,
cryptography, security and future growth are all areas covered in most
programming books, but rarely do they give you an idea of what real
users in real situations will hand you. This talk will attempt to do
that.
"""

See also http://www.biology.duke.edu/computer/unix/current/

I was without power and phone for over 12 hours today, and I'm not sure that
I'll have power tomorrow.  I suspect that we may have other members who were
harder hit by the storm.

Who would be ready and able to come to our meeting next Tuesday?  If not next
Tuesday, would the following week (Tuesday, Dec. 17) be better?

---Tom