[triangle-zpug] Introduction

Ian Sparks triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:43:23 -0400

By way of introduction, I'm using Python with the ReportLab toolkit to =
generate PDF documents. I have also dabbled with WebWare and the python =
unit testing framework.

My original introduction to Python was with Zope but that actually had =
the effect of putting me off the language. Python feels natural to me, =
Zope certainly does not. However, that was some time ago and I would be =
interested in seeing if Zope has simplified since then.

One of the things I'm interested in is writing GUI's with Python. There =
are a number of competing frameworks but those of most interest to me =
are pyQT, wxWindows and to a lesser extent TkInter.

Most of my day-to-day work is done in Borland Delphi. If I could find a =
GUI library as flexible as the VCL for Python I'd be a very happy man.

- Ian Sparks.