[triangle-zpug] New subscriber here

Mike Mueller triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:51:16 -0400

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 12:03, A M Thomas wrote:

> You could check out the archives for intros, and maybe send your own:
> http://starship.python.net/pipermail/triangle-zpug/

Thanks for the link.  I read half of the posts and I'll get to the others
tomorrow.

I use Python to implement commands to control ss7box (www.ss7box.com).  The
commands are small flat scripts that send UDP messages to application
daemons.  I use a binary interface (ack-ack-awk) that tested on i386 and
sparc architectures - an execise in counting bytes and endianess.  Not a
sophisticated use, but enough to let me see that Python is a tool that allows
both quick hacks and elegant works.

I want to mop up any information I can get on how people are using
Zope/Python to manage website content.  I am also curious about the
performance of Python and whether it will work in an embedded real-time
environment.

--
mueller, mike

The larger purpose of the economic order, including Wall Street, is to
support the material conditions for human existence, not to undermine and
destabilize them.

-Editorial, The Nation, August 19, 2002