[triangle-zpug] What do *you* want from the TriZPUG?

Geoff Davis triangle-zpug@starship.python.net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:06:00 -0400

Hi all--

Since I'm the person who started the ball rolling on this group (with Tom),
I guess I should speak up.

I have started working on several content management projects using Zope.  I
have been using Python for a couple of years, but I am relatively new to
Zope.  Python is the thing I like most about Zope; the relative dearth of
documentation is what I like least.  While I have found a few books of
varying quality, one of my best sources of information to date has been the
various developer mailing lists and Zope-related IRC channels.  It would be
great to have some local people to share ideas with, ask questions of, and
potentially work with down the road.

Second, I am working on several projects using Zope and, like Anne Marie,
would like to get to know some backup people to whom I can refer my clients
when I am unavailable.  All my projects will be using the Zope Content
Management Framework (and Plone on top of that), so I want to get a sense of
who else is using CMF/Plone, and I want to do some Plone evangelism for
folks who aren't using it.

Finally, if things go well down the road I may need some extra hands for
projects, so I'd like to see who all is around and working on Zope-related
things.

My schedule is pretty flexible; Mondays-Thursdays are best.  A restaurant
meeting would be fine.  Alternatively, we could try to get ahold of a
conference room somewhere and I could give a talk on the Zope Content
Management Framework.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Geoff Davis
geoff@geoffdavis.net