[Python-de] EuroSciPy in Leipzig

Mike Müller mmueller at python-academy.de
Mi Apr 9 20:09:39 UTC 2008

Am 26. und 27. Juli 2008 wird die EuroSciPy 2008
in Leipzig stattfinden. Die Konferenzsprache ist
Englisch. Hier die Ankündigung:

The Conference:
--------------
The EuroSciPy 2008 Conference is to be held in Leipzig, Germany
on July 26-27, 2008.

http://www.scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008

We are very excited to create a venue for the European community of
users of the Python programming language in science. This conference
will bring the presentations and collaboration that we've enjoyed at
Caltech each year closer to home for many users of SciPy, NumPy and
Python generally--with a similar focus and schedule.

Call for Participation:
----------------------
If you are a scientist using Python for your computational work, we'd
love to have you formally present your results, methods or
experiences. To apply to present a talk at this year's EuroSciPy,
please submit an abstract of your talk as a PDF, MS Word or plain text
file to euroabstracts <at> scipy.org. The deadline for abstract
submission  is April 30, 2008. Papers and/or presentation slides
are acceptable and are due by June 15, 2008. Presentations will be
allotted 30 minutes.

Registration:
Registration is open
(http://www.python-academy.com/euroscipy/registration.html).
The registration fee is 100.00€ for early registrants and will increase
to 150.00€ for late registration after June 15, 2008. Registration
includes breakfast, snacks and lunch for Saturday and Sunday.

Volunteers Welcome:
If you're interested in volunteering to help organize things, please
email us at info <at> scipy.org.