[Python-de] types.SetType

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
So Feb 11 19:06:27 CET 2007

> Und dafuer, dass
> zwei, immerhin eingebaute, (Daten-) Typen (set/frozenset) in types
> nicht vorhanden sind, sehe ich weiterhin keinen anderen Grund als
> den, dass sie vergessen wurden.

Darauf eine abschließende Antwort: Sei versichert, dass das nicht
vergessen wurde, sondern absichtlich im types-Modul kein Alias
angelegt wurde. Ich war dabei.

Ein paar Belege dafür:

- In PEP 348 heißt es (als Grund für die Ablehnung des PEPs):
   A centralized repository of type names was a mistake.  Neither the
   "types" nor "new" modules should be carried forward to Python 3.0.
   Using two sets of names for the same objects is redundant and
   confusing.

- http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-May/024336.html
   OK, so let me explain why I'm against adding new stuff to types.py.
   I'm against adding new features to anything that's (about to) being
   deprecated.   The addition of new features sends the wrong message:
   it suggests that the module is in active use, recommended for use,
   supported, maintained, etc.  When someone finds that types.py has no
   name for the Boolean type, maybe this will cause them to realize that
   it's being deprecated and that in the long run (with emphasis on long)
   it's going away.

Ciao,
Martin