Aller Anfang ist schwer

Thomas Preymesser t.preymesser at msn.sub.org
Fri Mar 7 17:36:48 EST 1997

Hi Christian,

>Sjoerd meinte eben, es gäbe irgendwo Listen von Mailinglisten.
>Wenn mir das jemand erleichtern könnte, wär' ich dankbar.

in der newsgroup news.answers wird immer eine Liste von oeffentichen
Mailing-Listen verteilt. Hier mal ein kleiner Auschnitt davon (inklusive
einem Beispiel-Eintrag):

Quick Summary of Changes
------------------------

  Added since last list:
    alt-photo-process        ANTIQBOOK                B5-REVIEW-L
    bahrain                  bibletalks-list          Bikenews
    BlindNws                 Blue Eyed Pop            BOATANCHORS
    books-l                  CHASQUI                  choices-l
    Chronopia                Crystal Skull            Dan Fogelberg
    dev-habitat              Discovery                DISCUSS-TBI
    EDUFAX                   EEUROPE-CHANGES          EEUROPE-NEWS
    First Amendment Update   Fordnatics               HomeBankers
    Homeless Activist        iafss                    Intel Daily
    Internet Advertising     KD & MF                  KlinicNews
    La Femme Nikita          Macs4realestate          Many Paths Interactive
    Michael Bolton           Movie Review             multimedia
    nachrichten              NedBoek                  New England Hearth/Home
    OKT                      OLDCTH-L                 OrganicDr's Garden
    Pc4realestate            pens-l                   QBasic
    Re-Agents                RSDNET-L                 SCHOOLS
    SHS                      taiko_l                  Talk-Beauty
    Texas Birding Company    VOLKSTAAT                Warzone
    Waste                    YOUTH

  Deleted since last list:
    2020world                2150                     4AD-L
    ACTIV-L                  allman                   Alt. Photo Processes
    ANews-L                  argentina                Ascendancy
    atavachron               att-pc+                  B-GREEK
    B-HEBREW                 babylon 5                Babylon 5 Reviews
    bblisa-announce          Beastielist*             BIBLE
    Blind News Digest        BOATANCHORS-LIST         Bobs
    Bodyguard-l              bolton                   BONG
    BRTHPRNT                 bx-talk                  cablemodem
    cabot                    cbr                      CBR-MED
    Child_Youth_Care-L       coins                    Command Decision
    comp-fortran-90          crossgcc                 ctf-discuss
    dark-shadows             delphi-announce          deryni-l
    Dice C                   DPM                      DRUGS AND NARCOTICS
    DVI-List                 econ-soc-devt            educationwg
    Eerie, Indiana           Elitism                  F13
    First Amendment Teach-In fogelberg                forte-users
    General Programming      Goodbooks Online         HAND
    HRD-L                    HRIS-L                   IFC
    info-adopt               info-ei                  info-lasersc
    info-lasertrans          info-opcom               info-optomech
    info-robo                info-tandem              ISG-L
    JAVA-WIN                 LOTTO-TEXAS              MeanBiz.HispanoNet
    mse598                   NativeNet                neuron
    Old Ways                 pal-announce             pc-daw
    pdg                      resumix-admin            reusewg
    SCUG-List                SPCA                     Stay Home Parents
    Stone Roses              Swap Meet                TBI-SURV
    ultralight-flight

  Changed since last list:
    3d                       A.Word.A.Day             ABC
    acid-jazz                ada-belgium              ada-belgium-info
    ADA-Law                  af                       ai-nat
    Aikido-L                 alpha-osf-managers       Alternative Energy
    altmed-res               Amazons International    AMSAT-BB
    Animators                APANET                   arrl-exam-list
    arrl-nediv-list          AUGLBC-L                 Austrian People's Party
    autism                   ba-poker-list            bagpipe
    bahai-faith              BALLROOM                 barc-list
    barc-races               BAVP                     bblisa
    Bedrock Online           BiFem-L                  Biomch-L
    BIOSPH-L                 Bisexu-L                 BITHRY-L
    BLAGUES-L                Bonsai                   bpr-l
    Brit-Iron                british-cars             BRUNONIA
    BTHS-ENews-L             BUFFETT                  C4I-Pro
    cacti_etc                campervan-etc            CANSCF
    CAPSNET                  Catholic                 cell-relay
    Chaosium Digest          chorus                   clarissa
    combat                   CP                       crossfire
    Dallas Cowboys           datsun-roadsters         DCRaves
    DDTs-users               decstation-managers      diabetic
    domestic partners        Down-Syn                 DR-660
    Drake-R8                 Drumcorps Digest         EEUROPE-BUSINESS
    EMPLOY                   Etchells-L               f-costume
    fegmaniax                Festival Astrology       Fire-Alarm
    Fire-List                footbag                  Freematt's Alerts
    Gender                   Gibraltar                Homeopathy Remedies
    iams                     Info-LabVIEW             info-mime
    info-solbourne           info-stratus             ISG
    kephas-l                 KLF                      LIBFEM
    LIBFUT                   LISA                     Minicon-L
    model-horse              Modesty Blaise           Mr. Media
    NativeLit-L              N.I.L.8                  Prisoner's Dilemma
    PSHEUG-L                 Railnet Railfan          ROOTS-L
    Sewing List              Smiling Phases           SOLUTION
    spam-list                squeezebox               Steve Taylor
    Subliminals              Temp-Biz                 Tranmere Rovers
    Video Girl Ai            Visual_dBASE             vr5
    YoungWives

Intro
-----
This compilation is copyrighted 1996 by Stephanie da Silva.
No part of it may be reproduced in any form, except through normal Usenet
distribution channels, without explicit permission from the author.

This is a list of mailing lists available primarily through the Internet
and the UUCP network.  A mailing list is different from a newsgroup
because you do not receive anything unless you specifically request it.

My role in this publication is solely in its maintenance and upkeep.  I
cannot help you subscribe to a mailing list, find lists not listed in this
FAQ, nor can I help you find addresses for ones that are outdated.  If you
wish to bring an invalid contact address to my attention, please email me
the full bounce header of your failed attempt.

This document is posted to the Usenet newsgroups news.lists and
news.answers around the beginning of each month.  The new version
supersedes any previous versions.  If the copy you have is more than
one month old, then it is obsolete.

You may ftp the PAML from rtfm.mit.edu.  Look in this directory:
	ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.lists/

The files are archived at this WWW site:
	http://www.neosoft.com/internet/paml

If you have a list that you want added to the list of Publicly Accessible
Mailing Lists, send a request to

	arielle at taronga.com

Include this information (in plain text - *not* in html):
The name of the list and the name you want the list to be listed under
 if different from the actual listname.

A contact address. **This must be an email address - not a WWW URL**
 This should be something that gives back a positive response, such as
 an auto-responder or an address aliased to a human (i.e.  an address
 in the form of listname-request or owner-listname).  It should not be
 an address that's aliased directly to the server, unless the server
 gives back a help file in response to a text message and not an error
 message.

A brief description of the list.  Please make this brief, saving the
 detailed descriptions for your list subscribers.

An ftp and/or http URL, if applicable.

Instructions on how to subscribe.

The list owner's actual email address and full name.

Suggested keywords.

Third-party requests will not be accepted.  Please do not submit information
on a list unless you are actively involved in its maintenance.

2000ad-l
    Contact: talk2000 at rmii.com

    Purpose: An open moderated academic forum to discuss the folklore,
    festivities and future of the millennial year 2000.  It is
    particularly interested in how rhetoric is shaping the advent of
    the third millennium.

    http://humnet.humberc.on.ca/talk2000.htm

    To subscribe, send email to
	listproc at usc.edu
    and in the body of the message, put
	subscribe 2000ad-l <firstname lastname>

    Last change: Nov 96

Damit wuerde man dann weltweit Interessenten erreichen. Ich bin zwar der
Meinung, es wuerde ausreichen, sich auf Ressourcen im deutschsprachigen
Raum zu beschraenken, aber schaden kann ein Eintrag dort sicher kaum.

-Thomas

-- Thomas Preymesser        t.preymesser at msn.sub.org
-- Bertolt-Brecht-Str. 38   MausNet: Thomas Preymesser @ N
-- D-90471 Nuernberg        0911-811957 / 0172-8111959
--
-- Inline-Skating: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/3033